Salad dressing can be the most versatile and best thing in your fridge,but Your choice of salad dressing can determine whether your salad is delicious or not. When you decide to put high fat dressing unto your salad,that can quickly turn it from healthy into a calorie bomb. Here are some healthy choices that you can whip up yourself while at home.
3. Roasted Garlic: Slice the top off 1 head garlic; drizzle with olive oil, wrap in aluminum foil and roast at 400 degrees F until tender, 35 minutes. Cool, then squeeze out the cloves. Make Classic Vinaigrette (No. 1) in a blender, adding the roasted garlic and 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan.
4. Bistro Bacon: Make Classic Vinaigrette (No. 1); add 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese, 3 slices crumbled cooked bacon and 2 tablespoons chopped chives.
5. Mediterranean: Make Classic Vinaigrette (No. 1); mash in 1/2 cup crumbled feta, then whisk in 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, 1 teaspoon dried oregano and 1 diced plum tomato.
6. Dijon: Whisk 3 tablespoons each dijon mustard and champagne vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and pepper to taste. Gradually whisk in 1/2 cup olive oil.
7. Spicy Honey-Mustard: Whisk 2 teaspoons each honey and dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and 1/2 teaspoon each lime zest and kosher salt. Gradually whisk in 1/4 cup each olive oil and vegetable oil, then add 2 teaspoons chopped thyme and 1/2 minced jalapeno.